This easy, flavorful cauliflower stir fry can be made ahead of time for your weekly meal prep. The cauliflower is cooked in a lightened up honey garlic sauce for a healthy meal.
I have cooked cauliflower so many different ways, but I rarely ever just make a simple stir fry with it. Inspired by some colorful cauliflower I bought on sale, I wanted to let the colors shine through and not process the cauliflower for some other cauliflower creation.
Honey Garlic Sauce
Because cauliflower does not have much flavor on its own, the key to making a good cauliflower stir fry is a bold and flavorful sauce. My simple garlic stir fry sauce just isn’t enough.
I previously shared my favorite honey garlic sauce for cauliflower. And while I adore that sauce, I wanted to make a much healthier and simplified version for this healthy meal prep.
The cauliflower is cooked with garlic and then a soy sauce, honey, sriracha mixture. I also used a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce so that it will stay coated to the cauliflower better.
This dish is flavorful and easy. It took less than an hour to prep and cook and now I have my meal prep meals for the week.
If you are looking for more meal prep recipes, I have a whole collection of meal prep recipes here. My current favorites are chicken and broccoli stir fry, fajita bowls with cauliflower rice, turkey taco bowls, and california sushi roll bowls with cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower Stir Fry Meal Prep
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb chicken tenders cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 tsp cornstarch divided
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Toss chicken in 2 tsp cornstarch until chicken is evenly coated.
- Add oil and garlic to your wok and bring to medium-high heat. Cook garlic until browned. Add in chicken. Stir and cook chicken until half cooked.
- Add in the cauliflower. Stir and cook. When the wok becomes dry, add in broth. To help the cauliflower cook faster, you can also briefly cover wok with a lid for a few minutes. When cauliflower is almost fully tender, mix honey, soy sauce, sriracha and 1 tsp cornstarch in a small bowl until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Pour into stir fry. Cook until everything is evenly coated in stir fry sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add 1/2 cup of brown rice to each of your meal prep containers. Divide your stir fry into 6 equal portions and add to the containers. Garnish with scallions. Store in fridge or freezer.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.