A healthier, low carb and simplified version of fajita rice bowls made with lean ground meat and vegetables flavored with homemade fajita seasoning and served on a bed of cauliflower rice. These bowls are easy to make and reheat and perfect for your weekly meal prep.
My favorite meal prep recipe from last year were my Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice. But this fajita version is my new favorite.
I had this idea marinating in my head for a while. Originally, I was just going to make fajitas the traditional way and serve them over a bed of cauliflower rice. But after thinking it over some more, I really wanted to create a rice bowl recipe rather than just food served over rice. In my mind, a rice bowl is something you can easily dig your spoon into and get the rice and the other ingredients altogether in one bite.
So rather than prepping steak or chicken breast, I chose to use lean ground beef. You can also substitute with ground chicken or turkey. But we love steak fajitas (especially these sheet pan steak fajitas) so I used beef. I also chopped the vegetables to be bite-sized, rather than thin strips.
These bowls came out so tasty and with much less work than traditional fajitas.
- I use these Meal Prep Containers.*
- You can substitute ground beef for ground chicken or turkey.
- I buy packaged cauliflower rice and I usually use the frozen Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value brand. You can also make your own cauliflower rice by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor.
- You should store lime and cilantro separately if you are planning on storing these meals for meal prep. Add the lime and cilantro after you have re-heated your food.
- These meals can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Recipe now updated with video! You can also find all my recipe videos on my youtube channel.
Fajita Bowls with Cauliflower Rice Meal Prep
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef you can substitute with ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 a small yellow onion minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 lime sliced into 4 wedges (for garnish, optional)
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice
- salt as needed
- In a small bowl, add fajita seasoning ingredients. Mix with a small whisk and set aside.
- In a large skillet add garlic, ground beef and onion. Bring pan to medium high heat. Stir and cook, crumbling the beef as you cook. When beef is almost finished, add in fajita seasoning and bell peppers. Stir while cooking so that all the ingredients are evenly coated in seasoning. Cook until peppers are tender, onions are translucent, and beef is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a separate skillet, prepare the cauliflower rice. Add in oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in cauliflower rice and cook until cauliflower is tender. Season with salt as needed.
- When rice and beef have cooled, you can prepare your meal prep containers.* Divide the cauliflower rice evenly across four containers. Then add ground beef fajitas mixture over rice, dividing evenly. Store lime and cilantro in a separate container or bag. Store in fridge or freezer. When ready to eat, re-heat food. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over food.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
You can find all my meal prep recipes here.