Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is an easy meal that can be made ahead of time in large quantities for your weekly meal prep.
I was out of town for a few days earlier this month and before I left, I filled my fridge with chicken and broccoli stir fry meals for Mr. K. It’s the only way I can make sure he eats healthy while I’m gone. Otherwise, I would probably have come home to empty fast food wrappers and soda cans.
Chicken and broccoli stir fry is probably the dish I make most when I don’t have a lot of time to cook and prep. It’s easy, fast, I don’t ever get tired of eating it. I paired mine with brown rice but you can also use other grains or cauliflower rice.
To make my prepping even easier, I used the Costco bags of pre-cut broccoli florets. Broccoli has been unusually expensive recently, but the Costco broccoli bags have remained the same price, making them an even better bargain.
When I cam home from my trip, I had been stuck in traffic for three hours and was beyond exhausted. Fortunately, there were still two containers left of this in the fridge so I didn’t have to worry about making dinner.
For those who are interested, I use these Meal Prep Containers*. They’ve been great so far and save so much space in the fridge!
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Meal Prep
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lbs chicken breast thinly sliced
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 4 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 4 cups of cooked brown rice
FOR THE STIR FRY SAUCE
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- For this recipe you will need a very large wok or skillet, or you can make it in two batches, otherwise your ingredients will not all fit. In a small bowl, add all the stir fry sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- Add oil and garlic to your pan and bring to medium high heat. Once oil is heated, add in chicken and cook until chicken is about 2/3 done.
- Add in the broccoli and carrots and cook until everything is just cooked. Pour in about half of the stir fry sauce and stir it evenly into the broccoli, carrots and chicken. Taste and add more sauce as needed. You may not want to add the entire sauce amount. I used about 2/3 of the sauce in total. If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can add more cornstarch into your stir fry to thicken the sauce. Once everything is cooked and evenly coated in sauce, turn off heat. Sprinkle scallions over stir fry.
- Add 1/2 cup of brown rice to each of your meal prep containers. Divide your stir fry into about 8 equal portions and add to the containers. Store in fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Skinny Bang Bang Zucchini Noodles Meal Prep
Sriracha Cauliflower Fried Rice Meal Prep
Quick question – do you use frozen or fresh broccoli florets? Thank you!
I use fresh
What a great idea. There are days where we are pressed for time, I know this will work for me!
I’m glad you like the idea! I hope you get to try it!
Yum. I take it you just reheat these in the microwave for a couple of minutes? Thanks.
yes! reheat to eat later!