- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water 105-110°F
- 1 tbsp active dried yeast
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, yeast. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining pretzel ingredients and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed until well combined. Then turn mixer to medium speed and knead dough for about 6-7 minutes until dough is no longer sticky.
Remove the dough from the bowl, and place the dough in a glass bowl oiled with vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for approximately 50 to 55 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll out each piece of dough into a 20 inch rope. Take the dough and make a pretzel shape. Place onto the parchment-lined baking pan.
Boil water in a saucepan, with enough water so that pretzels can float in the water. Once water comes to a boil, add in baking soda. Turn water to medium heat, put in pretzels one at a time. Boil for 30 seconds before removing and placing back on baking pan. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- While pretzels are cooling, add sugar and cinnamon into a large ziploc bag and mix well. Brush pretzel tops with melted butter. Then place pretzel into bag and seal. Let pretzel roll around in cinnamon sugar mixture. Once thoroughly coated, remove. Repeat with remaining pretzels.