Curry Cauliflower Rice is a flavorful and easy low-carb, gluten-free rice substitute for any meal.
Yes, I’m back to cooking with cauliflower again! I love making cauliflower rice and I’m always trying to think of new cauliflower rice recipes. This one is super easy to make with some curry powder and garlic.
I hadn’t planned on making this so soon. But I went to my first yoga class of the year and it was super packed! I’m talking triple the amount of usual students. Of course it’s always more full during the month of January, with everyone trying to start the year right and fulfill diet goals, but it doesn’t usually start the first week of January.
Seeing so many people in class got me motivated. I’ve been trying to ease my way back to my normal routine, but now I feel like I’m behind. So for dinner, I made this curry cauliflower.
It’s quite flavorful on its own, but not too overpowering, so that you can eat it with other dishes. I paired it with grilled salmon and stir fried broccoli.
Check out all my cauliflower recipes here!
Curry Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small head of cauliflower pulsed through food processor until it resembles coarse grains of rice (you can also use frozen cauliflower rice)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a large skillet add oil and garlic. Bring the pan to medium heat. Cook garlic until lightly browned. Add in the cauliflower. My small head of cauliflower was able to yield two packed cups of cauliflower rice. Depending on your size of cauliflower and personal taste preference, you may need to adjust spices accordingly.
- Cook cauliflower rice in oil. Cover with lid to allow it to finish cooking. You want the cauliflower to be tender but not too soft. I like mine to be crisp-tender. Cooking with the lid on top should keep the cauliflower from drying out. If you still find it drying out, you can add a little water. If you are using frozen cauliflower, you may find it slightly too moist and may want to cook with the lid off to release some of the moisture.
- When cauliflower is just cooked, turn heat down to low. Sprinkle curry powder and garlic powder. Stir into cauliflower rice until evenly mixed. Taste and adjust spices as needed. You can also add salt if desired. (If you prefer a less intense curry flavor, you can also replace half the curry powder with turmeric powder). Mix in the parsley. Serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.