This spicy curry flavored whole roasted cauliflower makes a beautiful presentation and a very tasty vegetable dish.
I’ve had “whole roasted cauliflower” on my recipe to-do list for nearly three months, but I kept eating my cauliflower before having a chance to make it. I finally got it done and I absolutely love the presentation of this roasted curried cauliflower. I made a simple spicy yogurt curry sauce which forms a crust over the cauliflower as it roasts (I did something similar with Buffalo Cauliflower Bites).
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Pure Wow. Definitely check out the original recipe and you’ll see why I wanted to make it so badly.
How to Roast a Whole Cauliflower
- Instead of breaking cauliflower into florets you can roast the whole cauliflower. All you have to do is trim the leaves off the cauliflower and coat with seasonings. In this case, I made a spicy curry yogurt sauce.
- Combine fat-free Greek yogurt, paprika, curry powder, onion powder, garlic pepper, salt and pepper to make the sauce.
- I used a brush to coat the cauliflower in the sauce. You want the whole cauliflower covered with a light and even layer of sauce.
- Roast the cauliflower at 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the yogurt sauce forms a golden-brown crust and the cauliflower is tender.
I was really happy with how mine turned out. The whole roasted cauliflower looks so beautiful on a serving dish and I felt like I was carving a Thanksgiving turkey except for the fact that it was 90 degrees in the house. But I will definitely keep this in mind for a Thanksgiving side dish.
Curry Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head of cauliflower stem and leaves removed
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tsp paprika
- 2-3 tsp curry powder
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly season your cauliflower with salt and pepper. Brush on yogurt mixture until cauliflower is entirely covered in a thin layer of the curry yogurt.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until yogurt forms a golden brown crust over cauliflower and cauliflower is tender.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.