Apples have been really cheap lately so I’ve been looking for apple recipes. I found a really easy apple muffin recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything. Muffin recipes are usually pretty easy to whip together, but this one was even easier than the average muffin recipe.
My muffins didn’t seem to turn out quite the same as The Girl Who Ate Everything. The sprinkled brown sugar doesn’t have the same effect as a streusel topping. Also, my muffins didn’t really rise and so they looked almost the same uncooked as they did when they were finished and the batter remained a pale color.
You might like my blueberry ricotta muffins, too!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups diced apples around 2 apples
- brown sugar for topping I did this for this version, but next time I'd make a streusel topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Add the diced apples.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.