I had a long weekend this past weekend and I was happy to finally have some time in the kitchen. I originally planned on these time-consuming recipes, but I’ve been obsessed with these easy spread cookies, so that is all I ended up making! My latest version are these easy chocolate peanut butter ones, which are just five ingredients.
A while back I was really interested in trying Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. Before realizing I could buy it from my local grocery store (which I now know you can), I bought a six pack on Amazon.
I liked the chocolate peanut butter but I’m not one to use that much peanut butter to begin with so I was suddenly stuck with all these jars. After finding recipes to use them up in, I finally got rid of all six. Only to then get another shipment six months later!!! Apparently, I had done a subscription with Amazon which I completely forgot to cancel.
So now I have six more to use up…and I got rid of some with this recipe.
I’m not quite sure why the peanut butter version of these easy cookies don’t spread as much and are not chewy. The other versions I’ve made so far have a different texture. These are still good though. They are soft and dense with a lot of peanut butter flavor. I like the subtle chocolate flavor.
Here are the other easy spread cookies I’ve made:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsbp brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate peanut butter, flour, brown sugar, egg into a large bowl and mix until smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tbsp of dough, roll into a smooth ball between palm of your hands. Place on baking sheet and then push down gently with palm of hand to form a thick round disk. Cookies will not spread much during baking so make sure the cookie dough is smooth and round and slightly less than 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cookies are set. Let cookies finish cooling on cookie sheets so that cookies can finish setting. Once cookies are firm, remove and enjoy.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.