DH and I both enjoy bread pudding. It’s something we will get as a dessert course, but I’ve never tried to make it because I was too lazy. Making custard, scalding milk, etc, seemed like too much effort.
Then I stumbled across a super easy bread pudding recipe. You basically dump everything into a pan and it’s ready to go in the oven. I had been given this soft and sweet King Hawaiian round bread that was perfect for the bread pudding.
Sticking with the Hawaiian theme, I added some chopped up macadamia nuts and honey. Next time I might add some raisins or pineapple chunks.
This came out great. It’s not the most sophisticated bread pudding, but it is pretty tasty and takes very little effort.
Easy Hawaiian Bread Pudding
- 1 King Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Break bread into small pieces and spread evenly throughout pan. Drizzle melted butter on top of bread.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla. Beat with a whisk until eggs are completely beaten.
- Pour over bread. Lightly push down on any bread pieces not soaked in egg mixture. Sprinkle nuts across. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until custard is set.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.