Because I’ve been pumpkin crazy and I’ve been trying to turn everything into pumpkin, after I made the eggless custard cake, I immediately had plans to try to make a pumpkin version.
I originally planned to make a pure pumpkin cake without the spices. But the taste wasn’t exactly to my liking, so I think a little cinnamon is necessary.
This cake came out soft and almost melts in your mouth thanks to the custard powder The custard powder which is available on Amazon*. The pumpkin version is a little denser and I prefer the original more, but this was still tasty.
It’s a nice simple cake that goes well with a cup of tea or coffee. Sometimes simple is best and it’s something you can whip up quickly. I really like the dark yellow orange color too.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Eggless Pumpkin Custard Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vanilla flavored custard powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gm unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup milk I used fat free
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a small bundt pan.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the vanilla, pumpkin, milk and butter and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake about 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.