A single serving flourless chocolate mug cake flavored with Baileys Irish cream liqueur. This quick and easy treat cooks in the microwave in just one minute and is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Learn how to make it plus get other Baileys dessert recipes for the holiday.
I had all these plans for making a Baileys Irish Cream flavored dessert this weekend. And then Daylight Savings happened. And taxes happened. And all I really had time to do was drink a lot of Baileys.
I may have actually finished the bottle (there wasn’t that much left when I started!), but luckily, I can make my own homemade Irish Cream liqueur if I need more later this week.
But I did manage to whip up this flourless Baileys chocolate mug cake. I played around with my flourless chocolate mug cake and tweaked it to make a slightly boozy Baileys version. It looked a little plain, so I added a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
This cake has a rich, bittersweet chocolate flavor with just a hint of Irish Cream liqueur.
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Granulated white sugar
- Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
Melt the chocolate chips with the oil in a large microwave-safe mug. Whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients. Mix with whisk until smooth.
Microwave the mug cake at full power for about 1 minute. It’s done when the top of the cake should look done with the edges still slightly gooey. Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes.
When the cake is cooking in the microwave, it will rise very high but will sink back down considerably once finished. This is normal since this is meant to be a rich flourless cake.
You serve it as is or plate the cake in a smaller mug before serving.
I like to add some powdered sugar, but you can also decorate it with whipped cream or a chocolate drizzle. Sometimes we add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, too.
This mug cake is the perfect sweet treat for St. Patrick’s day. It’s so easy!
Give this mug cake a try and then browse some more of my Baileys dessert recipes ideas after the recipe card.
Flourless Baileys Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- In a large, microwave safe mug, add chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds until chips are semi-melted. Stir with a whisk to completely melt chocolate chips and form a smooth chocolate batter.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix with whisk until smooth.
- Cook in microwave at full power for about 1 minute. The top of the cake should look done with the edges still slightly gooey. Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes before consuming. When the cake is cooking in the microwave, it will rise very high, but will sink back down considerably once finished. This is normal since this is meant to be a rich flourless cake. You can plate cake in a smaller mug before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Baileys Milkshake | This boozy milkshake is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
Baileys Brownies | Fudgy brownies with Irish cream is a great combination.
Baileys Irish Cream Cookies | Make a batch of cookies to share with friends and family for St. Patrick’s day!