This flourless Nutella banana bread is moist, rich, and fluffy all at the same time. It’s also ridiculously easy to make. You throw all your ingredients into a blender, pour it out into a pan, and bake!
I’ve finally gotten my baking mojo back. You might have noticed that I haven’t been sharing nearly as many recipes for cookies, cakes, brownies, etc as I usually do. I don’t know if it was the summer heat or what, but I haven’t felt motivated for any serious dessert baking in months.
But when I came back from NYC, I suddenly found myself dreaming up recipes for oversized cookies, new pumpkin creations, and more, including this Nutella banana bread.
This isn’t the prettiest bread, but don’t let appearances fool you. This quick cake bread is delicious!
It combines the best of traditional quick breads and flourless cakes because it is both fluffy and light like a traditional quick bread made with flour, yet also has the rich intensity and moistness of a flourless cake. It’s just packed with banana and chocolate hazelnut flavor with each bite.
This is an easy blender recipe which means you don’t have to mash bananas. You also don’t need multiple bowls to mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients – everything goes into the blender and then you process it until it’s smooth.
- Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Large eggs
- Sliced bananas
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Grease an 8.5-inch x 4.5 inch (9 x 5 inch loaf pan also works) loaf pan with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake the bread at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick/sharp knife comes out clean and the surface of the cake springs back slightly when touched.
The bread will initially be puffy, but once it cools, it will sink down. Allow the bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Wrap leftover bread in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge. It will keep well for several days.
You can also store it in the freezer for up to a month.
More Banana Bread Recipes
Flourless Nutella Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cup Nutella spread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium bananas peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of a 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch (9 x 5 inch also works) loaf pan with vegetable oil or canola oil spray.
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high speed until everything is smooth. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes until toothpick/sharp knife inserted comes out clean and surface of the cake springs back slightly when touched. Bread will initially be puffy, but once cooled, it will sink down. Let bread cool and set before slicing and serving. Store uneaten bread in the fridge.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.