This flourless, gluten free, Nutella pumpkin bread can be made in the blender or with a mixer. It’s fast, easy, and produces a super moist, chocolatey quick cake bread.
The bread tastes mainly of chocolate from the Nutella spread. It’s sweet, but not overly sweet. The pumpkin flavor is there, but it’s pretty light and is mainly in the ingredient list to help create a moist and light cake bread. If you want to enhance the pumpkin flavor and give it more of a Fall flavor, you can add cinnamon spice.
Do you ever get some idea in your mind and you are so set on it, that nothing can steer you away from it? That’s how it was with this quick bread. We always get a few days of really hot weather in late September before it really becomes Fall in San Diego. This year, the temperatures cooled considerably after Labor Day so I thought that maybe that hot spell wasn’t coming. And then it hit this weekend and continued through today, reaching triple digits. Of course, I was already so set on baking this bread, so I stubbornly did it anyway. And then it didn’t turn out right the first time because I rushed it so I had to make it again. And then I messed up that second time as well, so I made a third one. So basically my oven was on all day. But you know what? I don’t regret it because the bread is delicious. I’ll definitely be making it again soon.
If you enjoy this recipe, check out my Flourless Nutella Banana Bread recipe.
Flourless Nutella Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella spread
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon optional, if you want a more enhanced pumpkin and Fall flavor
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of an 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch (9 x 5 inch also works) loaf pan with vegetable oil or canola oil spray.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until everything is mixed. You may need to use a spatula and scrape the blender a few times to make sure all the Nutella is incorporated into the batter and not stuck to the bottom or sides of your blender. You can also mix all the ingredients in a stand mixer as well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake about 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top of the bread bounces back slightly when you touch it. Let bread cool before cutting and serving. Bread will shrink slightly while cooling. Store uneaten cake bread in fridge.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.