I’ve been on a renewed mug cake kick. This time, I made French toast in a mug.
It takes less than 5 minutes to put this together.
I love French toast, but it’s something I rarely make at home. I’m usually just too lazy. So I solved this problem with this ridiculously easy French toast in a mug. It’s easy to assemble and out pops this tower of French toast.
Mr. K loved this too. This is a perfect treat for lazy weekend mornings.
If you love easy recipes in a mug, check out my entire mug cake series.
French Toast Mug Cake
- 1 slice bread the size usually used for toast (you can also use brioche bread for something fancier), cut into small cubes about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
- 1/2 of a large egg whisked
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Place pieces of toast into a large microwave safe mug. First, circle the inside of the cup with cubes of toast, then fill the middle. Continue to stack up until you run out, so that it forms a tower of toast inside the mug.
- In a separate cup, mix the egg, milk, cinnamon and sugar with a small whisk. Pour over toast, making sure that the batter touches all of the toast. Cook for about 1 minute in microwave or until egg custard mixture is completely cooked. You can eat in the mug or you can easily remove the tower of French toast from the mug onto a plate. Serve with syrup.
- Note: this recipe is for one serving, but you can easily double to make two cups and then you don't need to halve the egg. Just make sure to cook each mug separately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.