This fluffy vanilla cake is filled with colorful sprinkles, creating a festive cake perfect for birthdays, celebrations or whenever you need some cake.
I normally only eat funfetti cake at birthday events but I had a huge craving for it recently. So I finally made myself one. After all, it’s someone’s birthday somewhere, right?
This cake starts with an easy vanilla cake base, and then I stirred in some sprinkles into the batter and added some on top. The end result is a fluffy cake bursting with little dots of color, especially when you dig in.
You can eat it on its own, or top it with some whipped cream or other topping. Or a candle if you really are celebrating someone’s birthday! If you like this cake you might like my other birthday mug cake or funfetti milkshake!
Funfetti Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 3 tbsp fat free milk (see note)
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp sprinkles
- In a microwave-safe mug (that can hold at least 8 oz of liquid), add flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix with a small whisk until batter is completely smooth.
- Stir in 1 tsp of sprinkles. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp of sprinkle on top.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until cake looks done. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. Cake is best consumed right after the few minutes of cooling time.
- You can substitute with other types of milk but I found fat-free milk yields the best results.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.