Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Zucchini are a fun way to enjoy roasted zucchini and a low carb alternative to hasselback potatoes.
This may be my new favorite way to eat zucchini. The roasted tender zucchini is flavored with garlic and stuffed with cheese. I love taking each slice off one at a time. I had so much fun eating these!
They are also easy to make. First, slice the zucchini, making sure you don’t cut all the way through. Then you brush with garlic and olive oil before roasting them in the oven. When the zucchini are tender, you add cheese in between the slices and on top. You broil a few minutes until the cheese is melted and it’s ready to eat.
I could not wait to dig in! I love how the cheese just oozes out of the slices. This makes for a light lunch or a side dish at a party.
Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Zucchini
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese or white cheddar cheese thinly shaved
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic powder and minced garlic.
- Slice zucchini cross-wise, like an accordion, but only slice about 2/3 of the way down. Space slices about 1/2 inch apart.
- Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Brush zucchini with garlic olive oil mixture, making sure to include the minced garlic. You can always spoon on the minced garlic if you aren't able to get it on the zucchini with your brush.
- Roast zucchini in the oven for about 15 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Remove zucchini from oven.
- Stuff a thin shaving of cheese into each of the zucchini cuts. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Place zucchini back into the oven and set your oven to low broil. Cook zucchini for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to bubble and brown. Serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Find all my zucchini recipes here!
I’m always looking for ways to use up those summer zucchini and these look so delicious! Thanks!
Hope you enjoy!