General Tso’s Chicken Sliders
These sliders are filled with crispy pieces of General Tso’s Chicken and topped with a spicy sriracha mayonnaise. They are a flavorful and fun appetizer for your next party.
This post is created in partnership with and sponsored by Crazy Cuizine.
If your schedule is anything like mine, then it’s likely booked for the next few months with various birthdays and other events. So I wanted to share a few party food ideas.
When I host a party, I always look forward to planning the appetizers. I love creating fun appetizers like fruit cones or individual bread bowl dips. I almost always start with some ready-made ingredients so I’m not trying to make everything from scratch. So for this recipe, I used Crazy Cuizine General Tso’s Chicken to help create an easy and fun appetizer that’s quick to make and tasty to serve!
My family loves General Tso’s Chicken and any similar dish that involves battered and fried chicken. I rarely make these dishes at home because frying is time consuming and messy. The Crazy Cuizine package comes with already fried battered chicken pieces and a pre-made sauce. I’ve tried a lot of Crazy Cuizine products over the years and the General Tso’s Chicken is one of my favorites because I love the ginger flavor in the sauce.
I also wanted to add a sriracha mayonnaise sauce to go with the sliders. Normally, I add a little honey to my sriracha mayonnaise to keep it from being too spicy. But for these, I used some of the General Tso’s sauce instead. All the ingredients in the Crazy Cuizine General Tso’s sauce gives the spicy mayonnaise a much more complex flavor.
To balance things out, I also added lettuce at the bottom of the sliders. This keeps the sauce from soaking into the bread and making it soggy. I also garnished the sliders with some thinly sliced scallions to add some brightness and fresh spring flavor.
I made a test batch of these and there were absolutely zero leftovers. I’ll be serving them for a party soon!
- These sliders are a little larger than typical sliders but smaller than a burger. You can make mini ones using dinner rolls but I wanted each one to have a few pieces of crispy chicken, so I used small hamburger buns.
- You can add more sriracha or more General Tso’s Chicken Sauce to the spicy mayonnaise depending on your personal preference. I didn’t want to make it too spicy since I was serving some of these to kids.
General Tso’s Chicken Sliders
- 1 (22 oz) box Crazy Cuizine General Tso’s Chicken
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha
- 1 ½ tsp General Tso’s Chicken Sauce (included in the Crazy Cuizine package)
- 8 small hamburger buns
- 8 small green leaf lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Prepare chicken according to box instructions, but reserve about 2 tsp of the sauce for the spicy mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha and General Tso’s sauce. Whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- To assemble your sliders, place a lettuce leaf on each of the bottom buns. Add about 3 pieces of chicken on top of each lettuce leaf. Spoon about 1 tbsp of spicy mayonnaise over the chicken. Garnish each slider with a small amount of scallions. Place top half of buns on sliders.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
As stated above, this post is sponsored by Crazy Cuizine. All opinions expressed are my own.