I’ve been craving brownies a lot recently. It didn’t help that I somehow screwed up making brownies with my Ghiradelli brownie mix. I don’t even know how I messed up. So I decided to make some brownies from scratch with an easy recipe.
I’m still searching for a recipe that is both chewy and fudgy. I’ve gotten a couple of suggestions and I plan on trying them out really soon. For these brownies, I used Hershey’s Best Brownies recipe. It was easy to follow and the brownies came out very fudgy but they weren’t very chewy.
Hershey's Best Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. (I used an 7 inch one)
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.