- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- green icing (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix on high speed for about 5 minutes until batter is smooth and no clumps of flour remain.
- Grease pumpkin pan. Spoon batter into each mold until about 1/2 full. Add 2 teaspoons of Nutella into the middle of each mold. Spoon more batter into each mold so that the Nutella is covered and molds are about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted on the side comes out clean. If you insert it where the Nutella is, only melted Nutella should cling to the toothpick and not uncooked batter.
After cakes have cooled, use green icing to pipe leaves on top. Decorate jack-o-lantern faces with edible black pen (see note).
- Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Pumpkin Patch Pan*
- Edible Black Decorating Pen*
- I used Betty Crocker spray can green icing
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).