- ½ cup creamy almond butter no salt, sugar or palm oil added
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Sukrin brown sugar alternative
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 6 tbsp sugar free or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until everything is fully and evenly mixed
- Stir in ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
Using a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough balls and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Use remaining chocolate chips on surface of cookies, manually adding them to the tops of cookie dough balls that don't have that many chips.
Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. Cookies should be puffed, slightly golden brown on surface, but dough will not look not fully cooked or set. You do not want to over-bake because it will make the cookies brittle when cooled.
- Let cookies cool completely on cookie sheets where they will continue to cook and set. Do not remove cookies until they are fully set. Use a thin cookie spatula to remove cookies from cookie sheet.
- Use a creamy almond butter with no salt, oil, or sugar added. The texture should be creamy and drippy and you will need to stir before using. I usually use Trader Joe's or Whole Foods almond butters.
- I used sukrin gold brown sugar alternative.* You can substitute with another brand of brown sugar alternative but you do want to stick with a brown sugar substitute because it is softer and spreads more than a granular sugar alternative.
- For the chocolate chips, I used Lily's dark chocolate keto chocolate chips. You can also substitute with other sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
- I use this 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop.*
- I use this cookie spatula.* It is my favorite spatula for removing cookies off baking sheets.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol