Low Carb Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
A fluffy cinnamon cake that tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie in cake form. This easy single serving cake cooks in the microwave and is gluten free, low carb and keto friendly.
Earlier this year I created an easy and tasty snickerdoodle mug cake. Now I’m sharing a low carb version. This cake is flavored with cinnamon and then topped with cinnamon and “sugar” to really feel like a snickerdoodle.
How to Make a Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- You will need a microwave-safe mug that can hold at least 12 oz of liquid because the cake will rise quite high while it is cooking.
- All the ingredients are mixed together with a small whisk until the batter is smooth. The batter is then topped with a cinnamon sugar coating, much like the finish for a snickerdoodle cookie.
- The cake cooks at full power in the microwave for about 90 seconds. I use an 1100 watt microwave. You may need to adjust time and/or power if you are using a different wattage.
Low Carb Ingredients
- Instead of wheat flour, this cake is made with superfine almond flour.
- For the sugar alternative, I used erythritol sweetener granular. It looks just like granular sugar and melts well into the batter.
If you like this mug cake, I have several other low carb mug cakes including a keto chocolate chip mug cake and 3 ingredient keto peanut butter mug cake.
Recipe now updated with video! You can also find all my recipe videos on my youtube channel.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp superfine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp erythritol sweetener granular
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/16 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp erythritol sweetener granular
In a microwave-safe mug (that can hold at least 12 oz of liquid), add all cake ingredients. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth.
In a small bowl, add topping ingredients. Whisk until evenly blended. Sprinkle over surface of cake.
Cook cake in microwave at full power for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Be careful to not overcook the cake because that will cause the cake to be dry when it cools. Allow the cake to cool a few minutes before eating.
- I use an 1100 watt microwave. You may need to adjust time and/or power if you are using a different wattage.
- I used Kirkland Signature superfine almond flour.*
- I used So Nourished Erythritol Sweetener Granular.*
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Low Carb Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Amount Per Serving (1 cake)
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g56%
Vitamin A 590IU12%
Net Carbs 4g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.