These savory low carb muffins are full of cheese and garlic flavor. They taste like garlic bread in muffin form. They are easy to whip up and everything can be mixed with a whisk, no mixer needed.
These muffins are so cheesy and garlicky, they completely satisfied my craving for garlic bread. They are an easy side dish to make.
Low Carb Flour
I used superfine blanched almond flour for the low carb flour in this recipe. The almond flour gives these muffins a tender and light crumb. I have not tested this recipe with other low carb flours so I do not have any suggestions for a substitute.
For the cheeses, I used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. You can substitute with other cheeses if you prefer a different cheese. I think cheddar would work well too. I used parmesan since it is used in garlic bread. And I chose mozzarella for the nice cheese pull.
The sour cream really helps to keep the muffins tender and moist so don’t leave it out. If you don’t have sour cream, you can substitute with Greek yogurt.
I used some chopped parsley because that is usually a garlic bread garnish, but you can add other herbs. Chives, rosemary and thyme are all good options.
More Keto Side Dishes
Keto Garlic Bread Muffins
- 2 ½ cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded or grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. You will only need 11 liners. I recommend using parchment muffin liners because the muffins will easily come off and won't stick to the liners.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Whisk until evenly combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add butter, eggs, milk, sour cream. Whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Whisk until batter is evenly combined.
- Stir in the mozzarella, half of the parmesan and the parsley until evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scooper, divide batter evenly between the liners. The batter should reach near the top of each liner.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake muffins 22-25 minutes. The tops of the muffins should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted should come out clean when the muffins are done. Muffins are best enjoyed warm. You can garnish more fresh parsley over muffins before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.