This keto-friendly gluten free and wheat-flour free garlic parmesan zucchini bread is a great way to use up summer zucchinis. It works well for sandwiches, toast and more.
Most of zucchini breads I’ve had are the sweet quick breads. And while I love eating those, I wanted to try making a savory version.
This bread is inspired by my zucchini grilled cheese. However, with this version I was able to eliminate the all-purpose flour and bake it as a loaf.
The bread is very moist when it’s done and it doesn’t rise quite as high as regular bread, but it works as mini toast slices. If you toast the bread, you’ll get a more firm surface to use for sandwiches. The bread is flavorful enough on its own but you can also use it for grilled cheese, open-faced sandwiches and more.
You might like to try my Keto Zucchini Bread, too.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Bread
- 4 packed cups shredded zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese use a paleo parmesan dairy free cheese if you want to make it paleo
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup superfine almond flour
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line an 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Working in small batches, use a tea towel or several paper towels to squeeze water from zucchini. While zucchini does not need to be completely dried out, you want to eliminate enough liquid that you are left with 3 packed cups of zucchini.
- Add dried zucchini to a large mixing bowl along with remaining other ingredients. Mix with a spatula until everything is evenly mixed together. Batter should be moist.
- Scoop batter into loaf pan. Smooth surface with spatula. Put loaf into the middle section of oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until done. Allow bread to cool slightly before cutting and serving. Leftover bread can be reheated in toaster oven or microwave.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.