This lemon loaf pound cake is moist, fluffy and full of lemon flavor. It’s finished with a sweet lemon glaze. It’s also an easy one-bowl recipe. No mixer is needed!
This cake smelled so lovely and fragrant when it came out of the oven. I could barely wait for it to cool before digging in. I love how simple the cake is. You can serve it for breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea, or dessert.
- This cake uses superfine almond flour instead of regular almond flour for a more tender crumb.
- Be careful when measuring out your coconut flour. Coconut flour is highly absorbent and adding too much will make the cake dry.
- You can replace erythritol with other granular sugar substitutes.
- Make sure to use aluminum-free baking powder
- Add eggs in one at a time. It is easier to whisk this way. If you try to whisk all the eggs at once, it is harder to blend in the egg whites.
- The cake will rise while it bakes but the surface will be level instead of puffy.
- You can leave out the glaze if you wish.
- The cake can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
Keto Lemon Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup granular erythritol
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminm free
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 tbsp powdered erythritol or more as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add butter and erythritol. Whisk until evenly combined. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add in lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder. Whisk until evenly mixed. Your batter should be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap the bottom of the pan a few times against your counter to settle and spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Bake cake in the middle of your oven for about 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine were done between 43-45 minutes each time. Let cake cool before drizzling with glaze.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together all ingredients. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered erythritol until it reaches your desired thickness. Drizzle over the cake.
- Recipe slightly adapted from Sweet as Honey
- This recipe needs a combination of almond flour and coconut flour to work.
- Use superfine almond flour instead of regular almond flour. I used Kirkland Signature superfine almond flour.*
- I used So Nourished erythritol sweetener granular* and So Nourished powdered erythritol*
- Make sure to use aluminum free baking powder.
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no extra charge to you).
- The estimated nutrition carbohydrates count excludes sugar alcohols. The net carbs excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.