This garlic beef stir fry is flavorful and simple. It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal. You can add vegetables and pair it with rice or your favorite rice substitute.
On weeknights, I tend to do a lot of quick and easy stir fry dishes and this garlic beef is one of my go-to dishes. The beef is tender and flavored with garlic and soy sauce. It’s such a simple dish, yet super flavorful and versatile. You can serve the beef by itself or toss in some vegetables.
- I recommend using flank and top sirloin steak so that your beef is tender. Cheaper cuts of beef will result in chewy or tough meat.
- Make sure to slice the beef against the grain.
- To further tenderize the beef, it is tossed in a little bit of cornstarch. The cornstarch provides the beef will a protective coating so that it does not overcook.
- 12 oz flank or top sirloin steak thinly sliced against the grain (between 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions
- Add beef to a large bowl. Sprinkle cornstarch over beef. Toss beef until evenly coated.
- Add oil and garlic to your wok or a deep skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Cook garlic until lightly browned. Add in beef. Stir and cook beef until half cooked.
- Add in garlic powder and soy sauce. Stir to evenly coat beef in sauce. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Taste and adjust sauce as needed. Garnish with scallions.
- If you wish for your beef to have a darker sauce, you can use dark soy sauce. You may want to use less of it since it usually has more sodium than low sodium soy sauce.
- I use a combination of fresh garlic and garlic powder to really enhance the garlic flavor.
- Read over the Beef Tips in the post for tips on how to keep the beef tender.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.