These easy peanut butter cookies are keto-friendly and low carb. They are only 2 ingredients and don’t require any low carb flours or low carb sweeteners. The dough takes only five minutes to prepare and you don’t even need a mixer.
If you’re looking for a low carb treat that doesn’t use any keto-friendly sugar or flour alternatives, these cookies are for you. These savory peanut butter cookies taste good even though they aren’t sweet. They are crunchy and crumbly, like biscuit cookies.
- Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter: I made these with natural peanut butter. This is the kind of peanut butter you need to stir before using and has only peanuts and salt in the ingredient list. You can use unsalted peanut butter but I think the salt gives these cookies flavor. Peanut butter can be substituted with almond butter.
Cookie Texture and Taste
These cookies have a crunchy crumbly texture. Because they are made with so few ingredients, they do fall apart more easily than your typical cookie. But they still taste great.
They are similar to biscuit cookies except that they crumble more easily.
These cookies do not contain any sweetener so do not except them to taste sweet. These cookies might not be for your if you are expecting something sweet. If you prefer sweet peanut butter cookies, I do have a sweet version here. These cookies taste savory. I don’t always enjoy savory cookies but I think it works when using peanut butter because peanut butter has such a strong flavor and can be enjoyed without adding sweetness.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
This cookie dough is so easy to make. It takes less than five minutes to prepare. Just mix the peanut butter and egg until a cookie dough forms. Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake!
More Easy Keto Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Keto Almond Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Keto Chocolate Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Keto Sugar Cookies
2 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup (192 g) natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter and egg to a large mixing bowl. Mix until egg is fully incorporated, no egg white streaks remain and the mixture forms a thick dough.
- Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to scoop out dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a fork to make criss-cross pattern onto the surface of each dough ball. Each cookie should be a thick round disk after making the criss-cross pattern. If it's not, you can use your fingers to shape the edges as needed. Place cookies into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet. Do not attempt to remove them before they are cooled because they will break. Once cookies are cooled you should be able to remove them from baking sheet. Cookies do break easily so be gentle when transferring them.
- These cookies are not sweet. They are savory peanut butter cookies. They have a texture similar to biscuit cookies though they are more crumbly because they are made of so few ingredients. See post for more details on taste and texture.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.