These brownies are rich and fudgy. This is an easy brownie recipe to make when you are low on ingredients. It only needs 2 ingredients and doesn’t need eggs or butter. The brownies are ready in less than 30 minutes, including baking time.
This is a fun brownie recipe to make when you want something quick and easy and are out of eggs or butter (or need a brownie recipe that is eggless or dairy-free). You only need two things to make them.
I got the idea for these brownies after making my 2 Ingredient No Oven Chocolate Cake. I loved how fudgy that cake was and it gave me the idea to create brownies by changing the ratios.
Oreos: I used regular Oreo cookies but other brands of chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling should work. Even though Oreos have a cream filling, the filling does not actually contain dairy which is why the brownies are dairy-free if you make them with Oreos (other brands may use dairy so please check the ingredient list).
Water: I don’t recommend substituting water with milk. It will change the consistency of the brownies and make them less fudgy.
How to Make 2 Ingredient Brownies
The Oreo cookies are blended in a food processor or high powered blender until they become crumbs. You can also crush them by hand but it takes more effort. Water is then mixed in with the cookie crumbs until a smooth chocolate batter forms. The batter is then ready to be baked!
These brownies are both cakey and fudgy. They are not chewy but they are soft and fudgy and have a very rich flavor. If you are looking for chewy brownies, try my 3 ingredient chewy brownies instead.
More Easy Brownie Recipes
2 Ingredient Chocolate Brownies
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4.5 oz (133 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8 x 4 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add Oreo cookies to a high powered blender or a food processor and blend until Oreos become crumbs. Add in the water and blend again. Because there is so little liquid, you will need to scrape down your batter from the sides of the blender/food processor and help make sure all the crumbs are coated in water in order to help your blender/food processor mix. Blend until all the Oreo crumbs are incorporated into the water and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Scrape down the sides of your blender/food processor with a spatula to make sure all of the batter goes into the pan.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Mine was done at 17 minutes. You do need to check on your brownies very carefully during the last few minutes of baking because you don't want to overcook them. The middle of the batter should not be fully set. It should look darker than the edges. When you insert a toothpick, the batter should no longer be liquid but the crumbs should cling to your toothpick. Let brownies cool fully in pan before cutting and serving. If you want to add frosting, add it after the brownies have cooled.
- I used a Vitamix to blend the brownie batter. Because this batter contains very little liquid, you do need to break down the Oreos into crumbs before you add the water, otherwise, it won't mix. I recommend using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, or using a food processor.
- You can double the recipe and bake in an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Baking time should be the same.
- To keep the brownies fudgy, you need to make sure they are not overbaked. When your batter is done baking, the middle of the batter should look darker than the edges. A toothpick inserted should result in fudgy cooked batter clinging to it. Don't worry that it looks darker in the middle. This will go away once the brownies are out of the oven and fully cooled.
- Optional Frosting. You can use whatever frosting you want on these brownies. To make the frosting I used, you will need 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder (dutch process will not work), and 2 tbsp pure maple syrup. First mix the coconut oil and cocoa powder and until smooth. Then add in the maple syrup (which will thicken your frosting), and whisk until smooth.
- The nutrition estimate does not include frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
The best brownies, and only two ingredients and one of them happens to be WATER!!! I’VE BEEN BAKING SINCE I WAS A SMALL CHILD AND THIS HAS BLOWN MY MIND.
We’re so glad you loved the recipe!
These brownies came out just as described moist and melt in your mouth. And I used generic Oreos. Now I have no choice but to leave my food processor out on the counter! Oh dear
That’s such a good problem to have! We recommend leaving it on the counter so you can make them whenever you want 🙂 So glad you loved the recipe.
Awesomely easy! You must follow instructions as they are specified.
Glad they worked out for you!
I like your recipes and would like to be send some through my email address.
Please sign up for our Newsletter and you will start getting our new recipes!
I needed an eggless, non dairy brownie. I used vegan oroe style cookies. The result – creamy, dreamy delicious! Thank you!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them!
Exellent and easy recipe. Can do it anytime.
We’re glad you loved the brownies!
YES on a budget lovely
These were great and good for Gluten Free people since they have gluten free Oreos.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them!