For the Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets and pulsed in a food processor until it resemble rice (see note)
- salt to taste
For the Meat
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (see note)
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (see note)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp Gochujang Korean chili paste
For the Vegetable and other Toppings
- 2 small persian cucumbers julienned
- 4 tsp sesame oil divided
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 2 carrots julienned
- 15 thin slices of Korean yellow pickled radish
- Gochujang Korean chili paste
- salt to taste
- fried eggs optional (see note)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- In a large skillet, add olive oil. Bring to medium-high heat. Add in the cauliflower rice. Season with salt as needed. Stir and cook until cauliflower is tender. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Bring to medium-high heat and add in the ground turkey. Stir and crumble to cook. When the turkey is almost completely cooked, add in the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and gochujang. Evenly mix into the ground turkey. Start with 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 2 tbsp of soy sauce and add more if needed. When meat is fully cooked, taste and adjust sauces as needed. Set aside to let cool.
- Add cucumbers to a small bowl and sprinkle with a little salt to draw out excess water. Let stand for about 20 minutes and then drain off the water.
- Add 2 tsp of sesame oil to a medium skillet. Bring to medium-high heat. Add in spinach. Saute until just cooked. Season with salt. Remove spinach from skillet and allow to cool.
- Add 2 tsp of sesame oil to skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add in bean sprouts. Cook until tender but still crisp and season with salt. Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- Add carrots to the skillet and a few tbsp of water. Bring skillet to medium-high heat. Season carrots with salt and cook carrots until they are barely cooked and still very crunchy.
- To assemble, add cauliflower rice to five bowls/meal prep containers. Divide spinach, sprouts, cucumbers, and carrots evenly amongst the five bowls, giving each component its own space inside the bowl. Add ground meat to the center of each bowl. Add three pickle slices to each bowl. Add a dollop of Gochujang to each bowl (which can then be mixed in when ready to eat). If desired, top with a fried egg. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Some stores carry cauliflower rice in the produce department. You will need approximately 5 cups for this recipe if you want to buy it already prepped.
Depending on how sweet and salty you want your dish you may want to decrease the amount of brown sugar and soy sauce to two tablespoons each, or to your taste.
If you are adding an egg to your bowl, I recommend that you cook and add the egg right before you are about to eat it. They should not be made ahead of time.
The nutrition estimate does not include the fried eggs or sesame seeds.