This low carb and gluten-free bread does not contain any wheat flour and the batter can easily be made in one bowl in just a few minutes. It’s great for sandwiches, toast and more.
I’m back on my low carb bread research. So far I’ve really liked the flourlesss peanut butter bread and low carb bread bun as low carb bread options, but I’m always on the search for more.
Out of all the low carb bread recipes I’ve tried, this one definitely looks the most like traditional bread, with the air pockets and everything. Of course, the flavor isn’t the same and the bread doesn’t rise quite as high, but it does hold up quite well so that it can be used like traditional bread for sandwiches, toast, etc.
Low Carb Bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of a 8 x 4 inch loaf baking pan using a canola oil spray.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix with a whisk until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake about 60-65 minutes, until bread is done. Allow bread to cool before slicing.
- Recipe adapted from A Clean Bake
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.