Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® bars are topped with a maple bacon frosting. The salty and sweet combination make them perfect for a Father’s Day celebration.
Can you believe Father’s Day is almost here? Where did the time go? I swear I was just doing spring garden planting last week and now it’s almost summer. Today, I’m sharing this super easy and fun idea for Father’s Day!
Whenever we are choosing sweets, the one thing my husband can never resist is bacon. He loves maple bacon doughnut bars, bacon topped cookies, etc. Most of my male friends have a similar mentality, which is why these maple bacon frosted Rice Krispies Treats® bars are an easy and fun dish to make for Father’s Day or bring to a Father’s Day party.
To make your preparation even simpler, I started with individually wrapped Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars. That way you don’t have to deal with sticky marshmallow and trying to cut your squares all the same size.
The frosting is made from scratch with just a few ingredients whipped together in the mixer. Once you’re done frosting the tops of the bars with the maple frosting, crispy chopped bacon is sprinkled on top. The frosting will soon firm up, making these quite easy to handle while eating.
Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats® Bars
- 10 Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars
- 5 slices cooked cispy bacon finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter warmed to room temperature
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, add butter, sugar, syrup, and extract. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Increase mixing speed to high and whip frosting until it becomes light and fluffy. The frosting should be solid but also soft enough to easily frost your bars.
- Using an icing spatula, spread a thin layer of frosting on each Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original bars. Divide chopped bacon into ten servings and sprinkle on top of each frosted bar before the frosting sets. Serve right away or wait 15-30 minutes to allow frosting to dry and set before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
This post is created in partnership with Kellogg’s®. All opinions expressed in the post remain my own. Visit Kellogg’s® to view more Father’s Day recipe ideas.
Love your site. Recipes are fantastic!!
thank you for the kind words!