Matcha Green Tea Mug Cake
This single serving matcha green tea flavored mug cake has a strong green tea flavor and beautiful natural dark green color. It cooks in the microwave and is ready in minutes!
I’ve received a couple of requests for a green tea mug cake, so here it is! I really love the color.
This cake is light and fluffy and mildly sweet, letting the matcha flavor really shine through. If you prefer, you can add more sugar, but I prefer my green tea desserts to have a strong tea flavor.
P.S. If you enjoy this recipe, check out my entire 5-Minute Mug Cakes cookbook which includes nearly 100 mug cake recipes, including this one.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Recipe now updated with video! You can find all my recipe videos on my youtube page.
- 4 tbsp (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp high quality matcha powder (see note)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (12.5 g) granulated white sugar (see note)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) nonfat milk
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) vegetable oil
In a microwave-safe mug, add flour, matcha powder, baking powder and sugar. Whisk until evenly blended and no lumps remain. You want to make sure to break apart any matcha or flour lumps before adding the liquid.
Add in milk and oil. Mix with whisk until batter is smooth and uniform in color. Cook in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute. Let cake cool for a few minutes before eating.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
- I prefer my green tea desserts less sweet, but you can add more sugar if you prefer a sweeter dessert.
- For best results, use premium green tea otherwise your cake won't have the deep green color.