This matcha latte flavored mug cake cooks in the microwave for an easy dessert that is ready in just a few minutes.
I’ve been drinking a lot of matcha lattes this summer. I’ve been obsessed with matcha green tea for years so I’m excited that the trend is really starting to pick up in San Diego. When I was in Japan, I went crazy over all the matcha flavored things. Now if only I could get Mr. K to like matcha as much as I do.
I previously shared a matcha mug cake recipe. This mug cake is similar but it has a more milky flavor blended with the matcha, just like a matcha latte.
The cake goes really great with a cup of matcha latte too!
Matcha Latte Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp high quality matcha powder (see note)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp water
- In a microwave-safe mug, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and matcha powder. Whisk until evenly blended and no lumps remain. You want to make sure to break apart any matcha or flour lumps before adding the liquid.
- Add heavy cream, milk, oil and water. Whisk batter until smooth. Cook in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating. Dust top with powdered sugar if desired.
- I use Maeda-En universal quality* matcha powder.
- The recipe above makes a small cake, about the size of an unfrosted cupcake. For the photos, I did 1.5 times the recipe in an 8 oz mug so that you can see the cake above the rim of the mug. If you wish for the bigger version, just multiply ingredients by 1.5 and cook for about 1 minute 30 seconds.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I also have a recipe video for a related recipe, Matcha Green Tea Mug Cake (no heavy cream and less milk flavor).