- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp high quality matcha powder (see note)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp water
- In a microwave-safe mug, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and matcha powder. Whisk until evenly blended and no lumps remain. You want to make sure to break apart any matcha or flour lumps before adding the liquid.
- Add heavy cream, milk, oil and water. Whisk batter until smooth. Cook in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating. Dust top with powdered sugar if desired.
- I use Maeda-En universal quality* matcha powder.
- The recipe above makes a small cake, about the size of an unfrosted cupcake. For the photos, I did 1.5 times the recipe in an 8 oz mug so that you can see the cake above the rim of the mug. If you wish for the bigger version, just multiply ingredients by 1.5 and cook for about 1 minute 30 seconds.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).