- 4 packed cups of finely chopped raw cauliflower I recommend running the cauliflower through a food processor
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 54 mini pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease the interior of a muffin pan with oil spray.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, add cauliflower. This step will cover how to dry the cauliflower using the microwave method. If you prefer wringing the cauliflower dry, look at this post. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir cauliflower, so that the cauliflower on top is now at the bottom and the bottom is on top. Cover and microwave again for 2 minutes. At this point, all the cauliflower should be cooked. Stir cauliflower again, cover and microwave 5 minutes. Stir again and microwave for another 3-5 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the microwave and you don't want to burn your cauliflower. You want to cook the cauliflower until it starts to darken in color, is no longer super moist and will start to clump up. Allow the cauliflower to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and egg. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Add 3 tbsp of batter to each muffin tin. Press and spread out the cauliflower until it forms a mini pie crust inside each muffin mold. Make sure the outer edges are not too thin, otherwise they will burn slightly when baking. Place into oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn a dark golden brown and start to pull away from the sides of the muffin molds.
Lower oven to 375°F. Add 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese to the bottom of each crust. Then add 1 tbsp of tomato sauce to each. Then add another 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Then place on 6 mini pepperonis on each mini pizza. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Using a large spoon to help remove cauliflower pizzas from muffin molds. If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving. If you wish for the crust to be a little crisper, you can place the mini pizzas on a pizza stone or cast iron skillet and bake them for a few more minutes without the muffin pan to allow the bottoms to crisp up slightly. You can also crisp up the bottoms in a cast iron skillet on the stove.