These flourless Nutella muffins are fluffy and moist. You won’t be able to tell they are flourless! They are also very easy to make and you don’t even need a mixer.
This weekend, I whipped up my Flourless Nutella Pumpkin Muffins for a cooking demo. I’ll be posting some photos from the event soon! While making them, I couldn’t help but experiment more. The original muffins are still delicious, but I don’t usually have pumpkin puree in my pantry in the spring and summer.
And I came up with these little darlings, which are moistened with a little applesauce. These mini versions are dangerous. I know the idea is to limit how much you consume, but seeing these cute little things just makes me want to eat more!
These muffins are super easy to make. During the cooking demo, we had a really sweet young girl come and help us make the recipe and she made almost the entire recipe by herself. It takes about 10-15 minutes of preparation and then another 10 minutes to cook. Let them cool for a few minutes and then they are ready to go!
Mini Flourless Nutella Muffins
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line mini muffin pan with liners (I highly recommend you use liners rather than trying to bake directly in the pan. Because the muffins are very delicate, they are hard to remove if baked directly in the pan).
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Fill mini muffin molds 2/3 full. Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and top of muffins are no longer wet. If you gently press the surface of the muffins, your finger should not sink in. Because mini muffin pans do vary slightly in size and capacity, your muffins may finish baking a little faster or slower than 10 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.