These easy no bake cookies are just three ingredients and healthier than traditional no bake cookies. Everything is mixed in one bowl for easy clean-up. The cookies make a delicious snack that will also satisfy your craving for something sweet.
Traditional no bake cookies require butter, milk and sugar. But these ingredients are not needed for this simplified recipe.
- Rolled Oats
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
Make sure to use rolled oats and not quick oats. Rolled oats will hold together better and provide texture for these cookies.
Peanut butter can be substituted with other nut butters like almond butter. However, peanut butter is thicker and I think the cookies hold together best with peanut butter.
All the sweetness for these cookies comes from the chocolate chips which are melted and mixed with the peanut butter. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because I prefer dark chocolate flavor. But if you want something sweeter, I would recommend using milk chocolate chips.
Making No Bake Cookies
- The only cooking involved for these cookies is melting the chocolate. This can be done on the stove or in the microwave. I used the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, it’s mixed with the peanut butter.
- The oats are added in last, mixing them until they are all moistened with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- The cookie dough is rolled up into a tight ball and pressed down to form a thick disk. Then you freeze the cookies until set.
More No Bake Cookie Recipes
3 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semisweet or milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips to a large microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on stovetop using double boiler method. If melting in the microwave, heat chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir until evenly mixed.
- Stir in oats until all oats are moistened and evenly combined.
- Scoop out 2 tbsp dough and form a compact ball. Some of the chocolate peanut butter mixture will stick to your hand. That is normal. Place ball onto prepared baking sheet and press down to flatten into a thick round disk. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place cookie sheet into freezer and freeze until cookies are firm (30 to 60 minutes). You can leave the cookies in there longer as well and just bring them to room temperature for a few minutes before eating. Store uneaten cookies at room temperature or in the fridge or freezer if you want to store them longer.
- I used unsweetened peanut butter but you can use sweetened.
- If you prefer a sweeter cookie, use milk chocolate chips as they are sweeter than semisweet chocolate chips. You can also add more than 1/2 cup chocolate.
- Be careful not to overpack your oats when measuring them. You don't want any more than 1 1/2 cups. If you are a little under, that is fine.
- Nutrition estimate is calculated with unsweetened peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.