This fluffy cake has swirls of cinnamon mixed in and is topped with cream cheese icing, making it taste like a cinnamon roll in cake form. It’s a fun and easy dessert or breakfast treat.
If you enjoy cinnamon rolls but don’t want to deal with making and rolling dough, this easy cake is a great way to satisfy cinnamon roll cravings. I’m really happy with how it turned out, and I especially loved seeing the swirls of cinnamon when I sliced into the cake.
Low Carb Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
To create the cinnamon sugar swirl, I mixed cinnamon with erythritol granular.
The cake batter is added in 3 batches, with layers of cinnamon erythritol sitting in between, creating the swirl effect when the cake is sliced open.
Cream Cheese Icing
The icing consists of cream cheese, butter, powdered erythritol and milk. The first three ingredients are what I use to make my low carb cream cheese frosting. The milk is then added to thin it out so that this becomes an icing you can pour or drizzle over the cake. I used almond milk but dairy milk will also work.
For the sweetener, make sure to use powdered erythritol. The granular version will not melt into the icing.
More Easy Keto Cakes
Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup erythritol granular
- 2 tbsp erythritol granular
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol
- almond milk as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon swirl ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter, eggs, sour cream/yogurt, vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, erythritol. Whisk until evenly combined and batter is smooth. The batter should be thick.
- Add 1/3 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon swirl mixture over the layer of cake batter in the pan, evenly spreading it across. Add in half of the remaining cake batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon swirl mixture over this layer. Add the remaining cake batter into the pan. Smooth and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Place cake into oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, make the icing. Combine cream cheese, butter and powdered erythritol. Beat with a hand mixer until a thick frosting forms. Add milk, 1 tbsp at a time, and whisk into the frosting until it thins out and becomes a pourable icing. After cake has cooled, pour or drizzle icing over the top.
- The cake is not super sweet because I wanted to account for the icing. If you leave off the icing, you may want to add more sweetener to the cake batter.
- I have only tested this cake with superfine blanched almond flour so I do not know if other flour substitutes will work.
- I used Kirkland Signature superfine almond flour.*
- I used So Nourished erythritol sweetener granular*
- For the cream cheese frosting, make sure to use powdered sweetener. I used So Nourished powdered erythritol*
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated nutrition is calculated without the icing as not all the icing is used. The estimated nutrition carbohydrates count excludes sugar alcohols. The net carbs exclude both fiber and sugar alcohols.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.