This no bake chocolate pie is silky and creamy. It is easy to make and just 3 ingredients. Unlike many other chocolate pies, this pie also doesn’t need eggs, butter or dairy. This pie takes only about 15 minutes to prepare and is great to serve at gatherings.
This is my new favorite no bake pie. I love chocolate and this pie has a rich chocolate flavor. The texture is so creamy and silky and reminds me of French Silk Pie, but it is not made the same way and is also not as time-consuming.
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Mashed bananas
- Oreo pie crust
Semisweet chocolate chips: This recipe works best with semisweet chocolate. Milk chocolate contains too much dairy and not enough cacao to let the pie filling set. If you need the pie to be dairy-free make sure to use semisweet chocolate chips that do not contain dairy. See recipe notes for the ones I used.
Mashed bananas: The secret ingredient in this pie filling is banana. Most chocolate pies use heavy cream and eggs to create the creamy texture, but this pie uses mashed bananas instead. I recommend using very ripe bananas because they are much easier to mash out the lumps and you want a smooth filling. You will taste the bananas in this recipe, so if you don’t like bananas, then you might want to try pumpkin puree instead.
Oreo pie crust: I chose an Oreo crust because I wanted the crust to contain chocolate to match with the pie. I used the premade Oreo pie crust but if you don’t have that available for purchase, you can make your own as well. I’ve made it before with just crushed Oreos and butter (the pre-made one is not made with butter or any dairy). You can also use a graham cracker crust.
No Bake Chocolate Pie Texture
The pie has a creamy chocolate filling. It is firm enough to easily hold its form, but when you bite in, it is still very creamy, with an almost silky finish.
The filling for this pie was inspired by my 2 Ingredient No Bake Banana Chocolate Cake. A few readers commented that the cake reminded them of a pie filling, but firmer. This gave me the idea to make a pie filling with the same ingredients. I did make some changes of course. This chocolate filling is softer and creamier than the cake version. It’s a great balance of chocolate and banana flavor.
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Pie
The chocolate is first melted until liquid and smooth. The mashed bananas are then stirred in until fully incorporated. The mixture is then poured into the pie crust and the pie is then ready to go into the fridge until set.
More Easy Pie Recipes
3 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Silk Pie
- 2 1/2 cups (456 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (348 g) mashed bananas
- 1 (6 oz) premade Oreo pie crust
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips. Heat bowl in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between with a spatula, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in mashed bananas until they are fully incorporated and no banana is visible.
- Pour batter into Oreo crust. Smooth and level surface with spatula. Place into fridge until set. This can take around 1 hour though I like to leave it in a few hours or overnight. If you plan on topping with whipped cream or other toppings, wait for the pie to set before adding topping. Once pie is set it can sit out for a few hours, but it tastes best served chilled. Store uneaten leftovers in fridge. This pie can also be made 1-2 days ahead of time.
- For best results, use very ripe bananas. Mash them until no lumps remain (I used a whisk). Measure out the bananas after they have been mashed.
- You will need approximately 4 large bananas (with some leftover).
- Don't use frozen bananas as they contain too much liquid.
- I used Kirkland brand semisweet chocolate chips (the non-dairy ones). Costco has two Kirkland chocolate chips. One contains dairy and one does not. Make sure milkfat is not listed in the ingredient list if you need your pie to be dairy-free. You do not need to use dairy free chocolate to make the pie filling but make sure to use semisweet chocolate chips because milk chocolate doesn't contain enough cacao to help the filling set.
- Whipped Cream Frosting: to make whipped cream frosting, add 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream and 3 tbsp of granular sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- I also added chocolate curls on top of the whipped cream frosting.
- Estimated nutrition does not include frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.