- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Nutella
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache Frosting
- 4 cups chopped chocolate
- 1 cup minus 4 tbsp of hazelnut creamer use dry rather than liquid measuring cup
- 2 tsp hazelnut extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cupcake trays with cupcake liners.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with paddle attachment on medium-high speed until smooth about 2 minutes. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the Nutella and mix until Nutella is thoroughly mixed. Add half the flour mixture and half the milk and mix. Add in remaining flour mixture and milk and mix until batter is smooth.
Pour batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Place chopped chocolate in a glass bowl. Heat hazelnut cream in the microwave for about 50-60 seconds so it is piping hot/boiling and pour onto chocolate. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add in hazelnut extract and mix.
Place ganache into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes so that it cools, but has not yet hardened. Place ganache into a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.