Nutella S’mores French Toast. Because it’s the weekend and you deserve it.
Graham cracker crumb crusted French toast slices, stuffed with marshmallow creme and Nutella spread and topped with toasted or torched marshmallows. Worth. Every. Calorie. It’s so good, I’ve already made it twice!
It’s been a really busy week but I wanted to end this week on a sweet note. I had a yummy brunch a few weeks ago at Breakfast Republic where they served a S’mores French Toast. So of course I had to recreate my own version at home. And since I’m a Nutella addict, I had to use Nutella spread, which is a perfect chocolate component. This dish is a little messy to put together, but it is delicious.
Nutella S'mores French Toast
- 3 slices of Texas-style toast
- 3 sheets of graham crackers each "sheet" normally has four small rectangles
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Nutella spread
- marshmallow fluff/creme
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 large marshmallows
- Slice bread into triangle halves. In a food processor, add graham crackers and pulse until fine crumbs. Set crumbs aside in a bowl wide enough for dipping bread.
- In another bowl wide enough for dipping bread, add eggs, milk, and honey. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip a bread half first into milk mixture until it is soaked on all sides, and then place into graham cracker mixture until it is lightly covered in cracker crumbs on all sides. Place into a skillet over medium heat on stove. Repeat with remaining bread. Feel free to cook a few at a time, however many your skillet will fit. Cook French toast until egg batter is cooked and French toast slices are golden on all sides, including edges.
- Remove French toast. Working quickly, while French toast is still warm, spread Nutella on three of the toast pieces and marshmallow creme on the other three. I suggest you heat up some Nutella in a microwave safe bowl for just a few seconds so that it spreads on easier. Sandwich a Nutella and marshmallow creme half together. Top with mini marshmallows and large marshmallows. You can torch marshmallows with a kitchen torch or broil them in your oven before placing them on French toast. Drizzle with chocolate sauce or melted Nutella. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.