I really love butter cakes. They are simple, no-fuss, and taste delicious.
I’ve been eating them since I was a kid and I can’t remember a time I didn’t love them.
I recently made this butter cake for a potluck. This recipe I came across was easy to follow and make in a short amount of time. You mix everything together with a mixer, swirl in the Nutella, and in the oven it goes.
I did simplify things a bit as the recipe required organic eggs and churned butter. I didn’t use those and it still turned out fine.
I couldn’t resist a slice right away. You know, for taste testing reasons. This was lovely and the Nutella acts almost as a spread on the butter cake. I’ll have to make this recipe again for my family sometime.
Nutella Swirl Butter Cake
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk I used fat free
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine all ingredients except Nutella in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for approximately 4 minutes until combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan. Drop the Nutella on top, placing the 4 tbsp in different places. Use knife and make figure eights until Nutella is swirled into batter. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.