This hazelnut cake recipe is easy to make. The cakes are soft and sweet and flavored with ground hazelnuts and vanilla. It’s a simple cake recipe that’s great as a snack cake or as dessert.
When I saw hazelnut cakes on The Cook’s Collection, the pictures made my mouth water. The cakes looked delicate, soft, and absolutely melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I couldn’t wait to make them!
The cakes are baked in loaf pans so you can make small ones or bigger ones. I opted to make two 7×3” cakes, but you can also make mini ones like the original recipe.
For this recipe, I recommend buying ground hazelnuts. You can grind your own, but it’s a bit of a process so using pre-ground ones make it so much easier.
I tweaked the original recipe a little. I increased the amount of nuts because I really wanted a strong hazelnut flavor. I also swapped almond extract for vanilla extract because I thought the almond flavor was too strong.
- Baking powder
- Ground hazelnuts
- Heavy cream
Make and Bake the Cakes
Whisk the flour, baking powder, ground nuts and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix to combine. Add the cream and vanilla and mix again.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake the cake for 40 minutes at 350°F.
I really enjoyed this hazelnut cake. The crumb was so tender and practically melts in your mouth – it was hard to stop sneaking slices.
More Recipes with Hazelnuts
Hazelnut Loaf Cake
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (4-oz) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease or line two 7x3-inch loaf pans.
- Whisk or stir together the ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder, and salt just to combine; set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix in the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into loaf pans. Bake approximately 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.