I’ve been looking for new baking inspirations with Nutella lately. When I came across a pumpkin bread swirled with Nutella on Two Peas and Their Pod, I definitely had to try making my own Nutella swirl pumpkin bread. It allowed me to try a new Nutella recipe and a new pumpkin bread variation, all at once.
I didn’t use the pumpkin bread recipe on the original post but instead chose to use my favorite pumpkin bread recipe. The original recipe used only two tablespoons of Nutella. This didn’t seem enough in my opinion to create a proper swirl. So I increased this to 1/4 cup. I ended up getting a much better swirl effect, but it also affected the taste.
The Nutella taste was so strong, that it completely overpowered the pumpkin bread. It was as if I had slathered my pumpkin bread with Nutella spread. I missed tasting the pumpkin bread. I think this Nutella swirl would probably work better with white bread.
It was fun to try though and I love the swirl effect.
If you love Nutella you might like my Pumpkin Cakes with Nutella Filling, too.
Pumpkin Bread with Nutella Swirl
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour or line three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Mix in the dry ingredients until it is just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Take 1/4 cup nutella and drop spoonfuls across top of batter (1/4 cup for each loaf). Use a knife and begin to swirl nutella with batter, making figure eights across the batter several times.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (The batter portion should come out clean, but the nutella will be gooey and stick to toothpick)
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.