Mr. K recently had a potluck at work. And instead of signing himself up for something he could make, he instead signed up for dessert to be made by me…
I immediately thought of my Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Cookies that I came up with last year. Not only are they one of my favorite cookies, but they are pretty easy to make, so I was able to whip them up after work without too much hassle.
These seemed to be a big hit as he had no leftovers. I love how the pumpkin cookies look with the swirls of Nutella. I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures before packing them away for him to take to work.
If you’re looking for more swirled desserts you might also like my Matcha Green Tea Swirl Brownies.
Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup in Nutella in, spreading out large dollops over the batter. Gently stir and swirl the Nutella into the batter, but don't let it fully mix. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 mins so that it is easier to work with.
- Make dough balls, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and about 2 inches apart on sheet. Press down on dough balls so that they become round discs. Cookies do not spread much during baking so make sure to smooth the discs and have them resemble close to the finished baked product.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cookies cool on sheets fully before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.