One of the things I like to do during pumpkin baking season is revisit old favorite recipes and play around with them in hopes of improving on them.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. I was thinking of ways to improve on it, when this idea came to me.
Swirling in the Nutella made these soft and fluffy cookies even better. These cookies are like little bites of pumpkin cake. So good. The Nutella flavor is light but make these taste even better.
I think I might like these even more than the original.
If you love Nutella be sure to check out my Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, too!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup in Nutella in, spreading out large dollops over the batter. Using a spoon, gently swirl the Nutella into the batter, but don't let it fully mix.
- Take large tablespoons full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. When finished, try to shape the dough to resemble a cookie. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smooth, resembling close to the finished baked product because the cookies don't spread much during baking and will rise up. It helps to work with the dough if your hands are freshly washed and slightly damp.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown, firm to the touch and bottoms of cookie don't stick to the sheet.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.