Homemade pumpkin cookies swirled with Nutella is a great combination. These cookies are soft and fluffy with the flavor of cinnamon, pumpkin, chocolate, and hazelnut.
One of the things I like to do during the pumpkin baking season is to revisit old favorite recipes and play around with them in hopes of improving on them.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. I was thinking of ways to improve on it when this idea of swirling the cookies with Nutella.
The flavor combination in these swirl cookies pairs two things I love: pumpkin and Nutella. It works really well.
Swirling in the Nutella made these soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies even better. They taste like little cakes. So good. The chocolate and hazelnut flavors are light but make them taste even better.
- Canned pumpkin puree
- White sugar
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Them
Whisk the pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until the dough comes together.
To create the swirl, drop large dollops of Nutella over the dough. Use a spoon to swirl it into the dough but be careful not to totally mix it in.
Drop the dough by large tablespoons onto a prepared baking sheet. Space them two inches apart and then shape each into a cookie shape. The cookies won’t spread much, so shaping them will ensure they bake up in a round cookie shape.
Bake them for 10 minutes at 350°F. You will know when they are done when they don’t stick to the baking sheet and are firm to the touch.
Cool the cookies fully before storing them in an airtight container.
I think I might like these Nutella swirl cookies better than the original. I love how soft and fluffy they are and the combination of chocolate, pumpkin, and hazelnut is really good.
More Fall Cookie Recipes
- Healthier Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Waffled Pumpkin Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup in Nutella in, spreading out large dollops over the batter. Using a spoon, gently swirl the Nutella into the batter, but don't let it fully mix.
- Take large tablespoons full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. When finished, try to shape the dough to resemble a cookie. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smooth, resembling close to the finished baked product because the cookies don't spread much during baking and will rise up. It helps to work with the dough if your hands are freshly washed and slightly damp.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown, firm to the touch and bottoms of cookie don't stick to the sheet.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.