I love quick breads because they are so easy to make. I’m not sure why I never thought to make a Nutella quick bread, until now. I got the idea after seeing a Biscoff quick bread.
This bread was easy to make. And even thought it is a quick bread, it does have a texture that resembles bread. Just a really delicate bread. It wasn’t too sweet, which is usually what you want for a bread, but it just seemed odd to have Nutella and not be very sweet.
So I baked a version with a swirl of Nutella in the middle to give it some extra sweetness and Nutella flavor. (Though unfortunately most of the swirl stuck to the top of the bread.) I think I might still increase the Nutella and sugar content on the bread next time. I know normally I would want something to less resemble a cake, but when it comes to Nutella, I’m just expecting something sweeter.
I really enjoyed the texture of this bread though. A heavier crumb compared to a cake and still very moist.
Nutella Swirl Quick Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cup Nutella Spread 1 1/2 + 1/2 cup for swirling
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two medium (9 x 5) loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of Nutella spread (leave 1/2 cup from the 2 cups called for in recipe). Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix to combined. Add flour mixture mixing on low just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Drop dollops of 1/2 cup of Nutella into each pan. Then using a knife, swirl the Nutella around in the batter, making circle eights. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.