Along with the Oreo Truffle Chocolate Chip Cookies I made last week, I also made some extra dough so I could make a few Nutella stuffed ones.
I’ve made Nutella stuffed cookies before but with different chocolate chip cookie dough. I like this version better. I especially like how the cookies came out. Big, fat, and so pretty. I felt like I had bought these rather than make them.
Each one has a thin layer of Nutella inside. *Happy Sigh*
Because these cookies use the New York Times Perfect Cookies recipe as a base, you will need to make the dough at least a day ahead. Since I was going to stuff them with Nutella, I opted to use the smaller chocolate chips rather than the chocolate discs I use when I make the NY Times recipe.
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate chips
- Nutella for filling
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- On baking day, preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls). Flatten dough ball and place a generous tablespoon of Nutella in the middle. Wrap dough around Nutella, completely sealing Nutella inside the dough. Place on baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.