- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of sprinkles
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 24 whole oreo cookies
- For frosting:
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies finely crushed in food processor
- 24 Oreos for the top of each cupcake
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 (1/2 cup-12 capacity) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place a whole oreo at the bottom of each cupcake.
In a small bowl, combine the flours. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and mix. Add in remaining flour and milk and mix until batter is smooth.
Add in sprinkles and crushed oreos and mix into batter. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes before frosting.
While cupcakes cool, make the frosting. For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks.
- Crush 6 oreo cookies in a food processor (if you don’t own one, you should finely crush the oreos into small crumbs or else the cookies will get stuck in the piping bag or piping tip). Gently fold in the cookie crumbs with a spatula. Frost as desired (I used the Wilton 1M tip). Then top each cupcake with an oreo cookie.