Pandan Coconut muffins
I love baking with pandan because the cakes come out this beautiful light green. I found a recipe for coconut and pandan muffins from Melting Wok that looked good and decided to try it out.
These are definitely “muffins” and not cupcakes. They aren’t that sweet and the batter rises up and cracks on the top, which I love. These make a great morning treat and the colors are perfect for summer. They are really easy to whip up too.
Pandan Coconut Muffins (adapted from Melting Wok)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Pandan extract
70 ml cooking oil
90 ml coconut milk
150 ml water
12 muffin/cupcake liners
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Line paper cups on a muffin tray set aside.
2) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add water, coconut milk, oil, pandan extract, salt, sugar, baking powder and mix well.
3) Sieve the flour, and slowly pour into the mixture, mix well, and set aside.
4) Scoop the muffin mixture onto the muffin cups until 2/3 full.
5) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a light brown crust appear or cracks out of the muffin top.
Here’s a printable recipe:
- 1 egg
- 150 ml water
- 90 ml coconut milk
- 70 ml cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Pandan extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, milk, oil, pandan extract, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Slowly add the flour and mix until combined.
Fill each muffin liner 2/3 full with the batter. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are lightly golden and begin to crack on top