These Parmesan cauliflower bites are crunchy and addicting. They make a yummy snack and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve become obsessed with roasted cauliflower lately. These cauliflower bites are breaded, baked until crispy and then served with a side of marinara sauce. We polished off a giant plate’s worth in no time. Okay, Mr. K was a little mad at first because I didn’t tell him it was cauliflower and he thought it was chicken, but once he got his head around it, he enjoyed them too.
I love how easy these are and I’ve already bought more cauliflower to make them again.
Crunchy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred for even baking
- 3/4 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 2 large eggs whisked
- marinara sauce for dipping
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add panko and cheese to a large bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined. Dip cauliflower in egg mixture and then shake a few times so that excess egg drips off. You don't want to dampen your breadcrumbs with excess egg because then they won't stick to the cauliflower. Then roll in bread crumb mixture until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You may need to press on the coating to help get it to stick to the cauliflower bites. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with marinara sauce.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
For more cauliflower recipes, check out my cauliflower recipe collection here!