This single serving peanut butter pumpkin pie takes only a few minutes to make and less than 2 minutes to cook in the microwave. It’s a great way to satisfy your pumpkin pie cravings before and after Thanksgiving.
I love pumpkin pie and eating it just once a year isn’t enough for me. Last year, I created a pumpkin pie mug cake. It’s similar to a traditional pumpkin pie, but made into a mug cake. This year I discovered that pumpkin and peanut butter make a delicious pairing. I’ve shared several peanut butter and pumpkin desserts already, and now I’m sharing this pie.
This isn’t quite the traditional pumpkin pie because the filling isn’t as custard-like, but it does have a creamy filling tasting of peanut butter, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices. It’s a great short-cut recipe and definitely temporarily satisfied my cravings. Be sure to also check out my original pumpkin pie mug cake!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup finely crushed pumpkin ginger snap cookies You will need the crunchy, store-bought type. I used Sprout's brand. You can also substitute with graham crackers
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Select a wide, microwave-safe mug that can hold at least 12 oz of liquid. Add in melted butter and finely crushed cookies. (Your cookies should be crushed to fine crumbs). Stir and mix with a spoon, until all cookie crumbs are coated in butter. Using the back of the spoon, press firmly on the crumbs to form a crust at the bottom of your mug. Keep using the back of the spoon to compact it until dense crust forms and there are no loose crumbs.
- In a separate bowl or mug, add remaining ingredients. Mix with a small whisk until batter is completely smooth. Pour pie filling into the first mug, on top of cookie crust.
- Cook pie in the microwave for approximately 1 minute and 15 seconds. (Your microwave may vary.) The filling should no longer be wet and should have a wrinkled appearance, like in the photo above. Let pie cool a few minutes. Top with your favorite ice cream, whipped cream, or another frosting of your choice.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.