- 1/4 cup finely crushed pumpkin ginger snap cookies You will need the crunchy, store-bought type. I used Sprout's brand. You can also substitute with graham crackers
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
Select a wide, microwave-safe mug that can hold at least 12 oz of liquid. Add in melted butter and finely crushed cookies. (Your cookies should be crushed to fine crumbs). Stir and mix with a spoon, until all cookie crumbs are coated in butter. Using the back of the spoon, press firmly on the crumbs to form a crust at the bottom of your mug. Keep using the back of the spoon to compact it until dense crust forms and there are no loose crumbs.
In a separate bowl or mug, add remaining ingredients. Mix with a small whisk until batter is completely smooth. Pour pie filling into the first mug, on top of cookie crust.
Cook pie in the microwave for approximately 1 minute and 15 seconds. (Your microwave may vary.) The filling should no longer be wet and should have a wrinkled appearance, like in the photo above. Let pie cool a few minutes. Top with your favorite ice cream, whipped cream, or another frosting of your choice.